BKG2011 Professionalism & Ethics Within The Compliance Framework
This module will highlight the principles of law, rules, regulations responsibilities and accountabilities of parties that govern compliance practices of Islamic Banking operations in Malaysia. Students will develop a detailed and critical knowledge of the laws and guidelines, the importance of ethics and sustainability in the modern organisation and enhance one’s skills and abilities to make informed, ethical and professional judgments in a highly regulated environment. Attainment of these knowledge and skills will effectively engage with ethical issues in their working lives that uphold and protect the public’s confidence and professional reputation and integrity of both the participant and their organisation in the Finance and Banking service industry.
- Effectively deliberate the fundamental principles of ethical behaviour, integrity, objectivity, professional and technical competence and confidentiality in relation to Ethical code of Finance Services Sectors;
- Effectively appraise Shariah fundamentals and principles to make informed judgment on new and emerging issues, differing opinions on complex ethical scenarios not addressed by current professionals and ethical code of practice;
- Critically appraise the importance of values, ethics, and social responsibility for self and institution.
- Anticipate opportunities affecting Islamic Finance and Banking services sector and meet the professional needs and aspirations as well as the future requirement of Shariah compliance;
- Promote fair policies and procedures that maximize the likelihood of achieving good, customer-centred outcomes; and to enhance the ethical environment for Finance and Banking services; and
- Engage with their peers in a public discourse on ethical challenges on Shariah fundamental and compliance.
All information is valid at the time of publishing. IBFIM reserves the right to make alterations to the information without prior notice.
Face-to-face: 2 days
Online Access: 3 weeks per module
Certified Qualification in Islamic Finance (CQIF) – Banking
There is no examination for this module. Participants will be given the Statement of Completion upon completion of this module.
Face-to-face: RM 1800.00
Online: RM 680.00 / USD249.33
* Prices are exclusive of 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax). 6% GST will be imposed upon payment.
* All fees are quoted in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) only. For international participants, the fees will be converted to USD and the price may differ with consideration of the currency exchange rate to RM at the time of payment.
- Group: 3 or more participants from the same organization (valid for Corporate or Non-corporate)
- STFi Members: Special price for Islamic bankers (Malaysians only)