BKG2031 Risk Management in Islamic Banking Operations
This module is aimed at candidates having previous knowledge of risk and a desire to extend their exposure in the context of Islamic Banking operations. It will focus on credit risk, market risk and operational risk. Highlighted content will include an overview of the nature of risk and its identification and measurement, management and control, corporate governance and stakeholders. Deliberation will be followed with a critical insight towards credit risk, market and operational risk based on Murabahah, Istisna’ financing and Ijarah concepts as well as Shariah compliance. A range of data and real life case studies will be used to help support and assist candidates on understanding practical issues and considerations for Islamic Finance and Banking Services.
- Review of risk management associated with current practices of Islamic Financial Services Industries.
- Appraise the impact of Shariah contracts namely based on the Murabahah, Istisna’ and Ijarah financing concepts under the current regulatory, ethic, and legal practices.
- Critically discuss the various sources of main financial risks, types of risks and their management control tools associated with Islamic Banking under the current global economy management framework.
- Apply a range of techniques to measure various forms of markets, credits and financial risks to provide critical insights on the management practices and alternative pragmatic solutions.
- Analyse quantitatively and qualitatively the operations, structures and financial products used/ offered by the Islamic financial service industry (IFSI).
- Respond to the implications of the institutional and regulatory framework that has bearings on the existing practices of critical perspective of Murabahah and Istisna’ of Istisna’ and Ijarah concepts of financial risk management.
All information is valid at the time of publishing. IBFIM reserves the right to make alterations to the information without prior notice.
Face-to-face: 2 days
Online Access: 3 weeks per module
Certified Qualification in Islamic Finance (CQIF) – Banking
There is no examination for this module. Participants will be given the Statement of Completion upon completion of this module.
Face-to-face: RM 1800.00
Online: RM 680.00 / USD249.33
* Prices are exclusive of 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax). 6% GST will be imposed upon payment.
All fees are quoted in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) only. For international participants, the fees will be converted to USD and the price may differ with consideration of the currency exchange rate to RM at the time of payment.
- Group: 3 or more participants from the same organization (valid for Corporate or Non-corporate)
- STFi Members: Special price for Islamic bankers (Malaysians only)