TKF1061 Quantitative Aspects of Takaful Operations
This module presents on the financial aspects of Takaful, the concept of capital and the use of capital in Takaful operations. In this module participants will appreciate the effect of regulatory rules on capital requirements, Takaful fund solvency requirements, insurer’s admitted assets and the concept of risk-based capital (RBC).
At the end of this module, the discussion will be on the basic actuarial concepts and its function in computing the contribution rates, product pricing and managing surplus distribution.
- Effectively appraise the adequacy of financial aspects of Takaful.
- Understand and explain the importance of prudent asset and liability management in a Takaful company.
- Explain on the fundamental and technical basis of actuarial functions in Takaful companies.
All information is valid at the time of publishing. IBFIM reserves the right to make alterations to the information without prior notice.
Face-to-face: 2 days
Online Access: 3 weeks per module
Intermediate Qualification in Islamic Finance (IQIF) – Takaful
There is no examination for this module. Participants will be given the Statement of Completion upon completion of this module.
Online/ e-learning: RM680.00/ USD249.33
* Prices are exclusive of 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax). 6% GST will be imposed upon payment.
* All fees are quoted in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) only. For international participants, the fees will be converted to USD and the price may differ with consideration of the currency exchange rate to RM at the time of payment.
- Group: 3 or more participants from the same organization (valid for Corporate or Non-corporate)
- STFi Members: Special price for Islamic bankers (Malaysians only)