This module discusses the philosophy and concepts of Reinsurance and Retakaful along with its respective historical background. Participants will learn on the operational, regulation of Retakaful and the administration of Retakaful business. Shariah features in Retakaful will be discussed in-depth at the middle of the module. Lastly in Chapter 4 & 5, the discussion will be on forms of Retakaful and types of Retakaful currently available and practised in the market.
- Effectively discuss the concept of risk sharing between the Takaful operator and Retakaful operator.
- Effectively appraise the purpose of Shariah involvement in Retakaful’s operations.
- Anticipate opportunities affecting Retakaful in the global market and challenges faced.
All information is valid at the time of publishing. IBFIM reserves the right to make alterations to the information without prior notice.
Face-to-face: 1 day
Online Access: 3 weeks per module
Intermediate Qualification in Islamic Finance (IQIF) – Takaful
There is no examination for this module. Participants will be given the Statement of Completion upon completion of this module.
Online/ e-learning: RM680.00/ USD249.33
* Prices are exclusive of 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax). 6% GST will be imposed upon payment.
* All fees are quoted in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) only. For international participants, the fees will be converted to USD and the price may differ with consideration of the currency exchange rate to RM at the time of payment.
- Group: 3 or more participants from the same organization (valid for Corporate or Non-corporate)
- STFi Members: Special price for Islamic bankers (Malaysians only)