Certified Qualification in Islamic Finance (CQIF) : Takaful
This programme is an advancement in terms of knowledge and competency participants will acquire. Certified Qualification in Islamic Finance (CQIF) – Takaful challenges participants’ knowledge, work experience and capabilities through specially designed modules namely; Governance and Audit for Takaful Company, Risk Management and Compliance for Takaful Company and Financial Aspects for a Takaful Company.
Upon completion of this advanced level, participants would attain a complete knowledge and standard proficiency as an Islamic Finance professional. This professionalism can be measured through their ability to:
- Lead and provide guidance to other team members and subordinates
- Strategise on current business or market expansion
- Identify new business opportunities
- Be more creative in innovating products and processes
- Competently manage issues relating to Islamic Finance
Mode of Learning
- Online (e-learning)
M1: Governance and Audit for Takaful Company
This module is designed with the aim to provide exposure, knowledge and understanding on the good corporate governance practised in a Takaful company. This module will discuss the guiding principles of corporate governance practises as outlined by Standard Setting Bodies such as SSM, BNM, AAOIFI as well as IFSB.
M2: Risk Management and Compliance for Takaful Company
This module discusses the various types of risks faced by a Takaful company with emphasis on the concept of Islamic Risk Management and its roles in Takaful operations from the Shariah perspective.
M3: Financial Aspects for Takaful Company
This module will expose participants on the accounting and financial reporting for a Takaful company. Participants will learn the accounting treatment for main Takaful fund and the application of accounting policy in preparation of financial statements for a Takaful company. The accounting and financial issues and challenges facing a Takaful company will be discussed at the end of the module.
The Intermediate Qualification in Islamic Finance (IQIF) – Takaful or equivalent is a prerequisite for a participant sitting for the CQIF (Takaful) assessment.
RM4,320.00 / USD1,584.00 (Face-to-face)
RM2,040.00 / USD680.00 (Online)
* Excluding examination fee & 6% GST (Goods & Services Tax). 6% GST will be imposed upon payment.
* Listed prices are only indicative. The programme fees in USD may differ with consideration of the currency exchange rate to RM at the time of payment.
- Package Deal: Full payment for all relevant modules must be paid in advance
- Group: 3 or more participants from the same organization (valid for Corporate or Non-corporate)
- STFi Members: Special price for Islamic bankers (Malaysians only)
Method of Examination
One Hundred (100) Multiple Choice Questions
Two and a half (2 ½) hours examination
Passing mark: 50%
Examination Fee: RM300.00 (Exclusive of 6% GST. 6% GST will be imposed upon payment)